The international GENDER-NET Plus consortium calls on all Research Funding Organisations to take concerted action to contribute towards gender equality and diversity in higher education and research.
To this end, GENDER-NET Plus puts forward a Policy Brief with recommendations to promote gender equality in research funding. (Lead agency for the brief: Swedish Research Council).
The recommendations are directed mainly towards research funders, and are grouped in six sections. The first section is directed also towards national governments and international organisations.
- Government instructions
- Research Funding Organisation Gender Equality Plan
- Gender balance in decision-making bodies and evaluation panels
- Monitor gender data and publish the results
- Increase applications from and funding to women researchers
- Generally improve transparency in research funding
Read and download the policy brief: